Queensland Small Business Month – How State Library Can Help You
Small businesses play a huge part in Queensland’s economy, and May is Queensland Small Business Month, and it is an opportunity to highlight the resources on offer at State Library of Queensland. From budding small business owners or those who have taken that first step and are looking to thrive, State Library has a range of resources available for you.
Need inspiration? Learn from the best
An initiative of the Queensland Business Leaders Hall of Fame, Game Changers, hosted by State Library, showcases Queensland’s most innovative business leaders and explores how they build ventures, reinvent themselves, inspire their teams and envision success.
You can jump in and watch recordings of past events on our Blogs, exhibitions and recordings page on the State Library website.
Business information resources
State Library provides members with free access to a wide range of business information resources. These include:
- books - ranging from social media for business to business planning. Borrow up to 10 items at a time directly from our Information Collections. If you live outside of Brisbane and can’t get into see us, you can get them delivered to your local library.
- ebooks on all business topics from customer service to franchising. Access statewide from anywhere with your State Library membership.
- business eresources including IBISWorld industry research reports such as craft beer (read only), specific databases for entrepreneurs, Nexis Practical Guidance legal series including business. Access statewide from anywhere with your State Library membership.
- and useful links to State and Federal government business sites.
Spaces at State Library to work and meet
Need a space to work away from the distractions of home or meet clients in a convenient inner-city location?
Onsite at South Bank, State Library has a selection of spaces that you can use, with free wifi. These include:
- Work desks on Level 1 – 3 are available for walk-in use.
- For individual focused work, Level 4 offers a silent work area. Bookings are required and can be made online.
- Individual meeting rooms are available on Levels 2 – 4. Bookings are required and can be made online at no cost.
- Facilities at The Edge such as window bays, fabrication lab and the digital media lab are also bookable online at no cost.
- Other spaces are available to book via Venue Hire, costs apply.
You can find both onsite and online events for small businesses to learn from the experts and be inspired.
- Check out What’s On for the various online events, talks & conversations, as well as workshops happening at State Library.
- Watch recordings of live streamed talks and other events such as our Game Changers series at our Livestream site.
State Library offers a range of resources to support you in your small business journey.