- Food and facilities
Food and facilities
Information about where to enjoy food and drink at State Library, and other facilities to help you make your visit an enjoyable one.
Food and drink
The Library Cafe is open daily with a selection of sandwiches, hot food, snacks, coffee, tea, beer, and wine. Or head to The Brink; the Library Cafe's smaller coffee shop conveniently located on level 1 of The Edge.
Food and drink are also permitted in these designated areas:
- Level 1 and in the lnfozone
- Outdoor areas of levels 2, 3, and 4
- Maiwar Green, between GOMA and State Library
To protect our collections, food and drink are permitted only in these designated areas. See the Integrated Pest Management Policy for more information.
You can have food with you inside collection areas on levels 2 and 3 if it's kept in a sealed container or bag. Bottled water is permitted in State Library reading rooms on all levels and water fountains are located on levels 1-4.
Cloakroom facilities for small bags and belongings are provided for visitors whilst on the premises. The cloakroom is located on level 1 at the Welcome Desk.
- Heavy items presenting a workplace health and safety risk may not be accepted
- Excessive number of items may not be accepted
- Items which pose a potential safety or security threat will not be accepted
- Items must be collected when leaving the Library
See the bag and belongings policy for more information.