Databases and ebooks
Explore our eresources for company and industry research, business law and other business topics. Discover how to stay up to date with news resources, and use our resources to learn and upskill.
Company and Industry Research
Full access to:
- Australian Industry Reports - Each report consists of 30 to 40 pages of key statistics and analysis on market characteristics, operating conditions, current and forecast performance, major industry participants and more.
- Australia Specialized Industry Reports – reports on small new industries eg. Craft Beer Production, Carbon Dioxide Production in Australia
- Australia Company Profiles - Reports analyse the 2,000 largest Australian and New Zealand companies; listed & non-listed public, private, foreign-owned, trusts & government businesses. Each profile contains directors, key personnel, balance sheet and P&L data, ownership structure as well as the auditors, bankers and solicitors.
Search the whole collection at once or narrow to the following sub-databases:
- ABI Inform Collection
International database containing thousands of full-text articles from key business and economic journals, such as The Economist, as well as country and industry reports to provide business trends around the world.
- Australia & New Zealand Database
Australia and New Zealand journals including business, science and technology.
- Business Market Research Collection
This database contains company, economic and geopolitical market research from Hoover's Company Profiles and Chart Maker.
Wide variety of material including practical guides, templates, forms, sample business plans and tips from successful entrepreneurs in a wide range of formats. Includes Just-Series Market Research Reports.
Lexis Advance is a premier research tool for Australian law and legal information.
Lexis Advance Practical Guidance (under General Legal tab) series offers practical, straight-forward guidance and information on the following:
Lexis Advance also includes legal dictionaries (Australian Legal Words and Phrases), encyclopaedias (Halsbury’s Laws of Australia) and information on patents (Patents, trade marks & related rights) to help you make sense of the law.
Learning and Upskilling
State Library has a large range of ebooks on a wide range of business topics. Browse the following collections or search the catalogue to find what you want.
- Business Plans
- Business Planning
- Customer service
- Small business
- Social media
- Working from home
LinkedIn Learning provides comprehensive online courses, created and delivered by experts. You can access over 16,000 courses across various subject areas, including business, technology, marketing and more.
The Edge is a State Library space for creativity, ideas and experimentation. There are regular programs, events, workshops, facilitated meet-ups and community lab times to help you learn and connect. Resources include a digital media lab, recording studio, fabrication lab and the Brisbane Tool Library.
Business eresource blogs
Explore our business eresource blogs for guidance on how to get the most out of these business databases and the type of content available in each.