10 tips for happiness with State Library
The United Nations proclaims 20 March as the International Day of Happiness, recognising the relevance of happiness and well-being in Goal 3 of the UN Sustainable Development Goals and promoting the aspirations of happiness in the lives of human beings around the world. Everyone is looking for the secret to happiness, especially in these anxious times. So we’ve got not one, but 10 secrets of happiness to share with you. Here they are:
1. Day-dream: check out lifestyle magazines from home on PressReader (which is free for Queensland residents) or visit the Library to browse our extensive collection of lifestyle books and magazines. Get inspired to create the life or home that you dream of!
2. Spend time with friends: Even with social distancing our Library Café is still the perfect place to catch up with your friends. We also have meeting rooms you can book on levels 2, 3 and 4 inside the Library.
4. Read a book: We have millions of books and ebooks to choose from whether you read prize-winning fiction, popular non-fiction or even children’s books. We’ve even got books on happiness like Happy ever after: escaping the myth of the perfect life, Can we be happier? and The me without: the year I quit social media, shopping, sugar and more – in pursuit of happiness. Reading benefits your mental health and boosts your happiness. It’s the perfect thing to do!
6. Play a musical instrument: See our music collection for all the music you need to play until your heart’s content!
7. Exercise: State Library is within walking distance of Brisbane’s CBD so put your sneakers on and pay us a visit. We also have bike racks if you prefer to ride!
9. Increase your cultural competence: Our Old Words New Ways exhibition will encourage you to learn more about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and languages.
10. Practise gratitude: Be grateful for the many ways State Library is making you happy this International Day of Happiness and every day of the year!
It’s important to look after your mental health so do something to celebrate International Day of Happiness and remember State Library is here for you.
One Search - http://onesearch.slq.qld.gov.au