- Borrowing for individuals
Borrowing for individuals
If you are a State Library of Queensland (State Library) member and a Queensland resident, you can borrow from the Information Collection.
To borrow you need to:
- Become a State Library member.
- Visit us at South Bank and present:
- Queensland driver licence with current address OR
- Two forms of identification, at least one of which must include your name and current Queensland residential address. See below for suggested forms of identification.
For members 15 years and younger, a signed parent/guardian consent form along with identification that includes the parent/guardian name and residential address is required before borrowing. Download a copy of the parent/guardian consent form.
Borrowers are responsible for ensuring their contact details remain up to date.
Membership cards issued for the purposes of borrowing are not transferable.
State Library members who are also members of a Queensland public library can request loans from the Information Collection to be sent to their public library via One Search. You do not have to visit us or present identification to use this service.
If you do not live in Queensland, you may borrow via the interlibrary loan service provided by your local public, State or university library.