Harbours and Marine Building (Edward Street) 130 years old this year.
The Harbours and Marine Building, located in Edward Street, Brisbane, was designed in a Victorian Classic Revival style by F.D.G. Stanley and built 1875-80 by John Petrie.
The two storeyed section of the building, with three projecting bays linked by verandahs, formed the original structure. The sections comprising the ground floor were added later. The building's centre features a restored porte cochere and a covered way. Cast iron cresting adorns the roof ridging.
The building, in line with its purpose, once enjoyed a river bank location but has now been overshadowed by newer and larger buildings. The building is the reference site for flood levels and is more commonly known as the Port Office.