3 schools added to the Queensland Heritage Register
By JOL Admin | 29 October 2015
Three schools have been added to the Queensland Heritage Register this month
- Marburg State School (first opened in 1879 - moved to its current site in 1922);
- Murgon State School (opened in 1908) and
- Maroon State School (opened in 1891)
Below is a sample of images and other resources from SLQ's collection about these three schools...
Published and unpublished resources -
Murgon State School
- 75th anniversary (1908-1983) 26th February, 1983 : Murgon State School. (1983). <Murgon, Qld.: The School?>.
- Maudsley, M., & Vonhoff, Glen. (1995). Golden jubilee : 50 years of secondary education in Murgon 1945 - 1995/ May Maudsley and Glen Vonhoff. Murgon, Qld. : Murgon State High School].
- Zerner, B. (1995). Murgon State High School : A memento from the classes of 1945 : Golden jubilee 29-30 April, 1995 / by Burt Zerner. Fig Tree Pocket, Qld.: Burt Zerner.
- Maroon Centenary Celebrations Committee. (1991). Maroon State School : Centenary Celebrations 1891-1991. <Maroon, Qld.: Maroon State School Centenary Committee.
- Krause, H., Maroon Centenary Celebrations Committee, & Maroon State School. (1961). The story of Maroon in the Fassifern District of Queensland : A souvenir review of its history and development, 1827-1961. Maroon: Maroon Centenary Celebrations Committee and the Committee of the Maroon State School.
- Marburg State School. (2004). Marburg State School 125th Anniversary : Memories of school days, March 2004. Marburg, Qld.: Marburg State School.
- Viertel Family. (n.d.). M 220 Viertel Family Papers.
Your email address will not be published.