1960s-70s home movies of Queensland - Walton Roy Sinclair collection
A collection of five 8mm home movies from the 1960s-70s were recently digitised by State Library of Queensland and made available online. The films, taken by engineer Walton Roy Sinclair, contain footage of Mackay, Eungella, Brisbane, Whitsunday Coast, Airlie Beach, Bundaberg, Binna Burra, Margate, Buderim, Archerfield, Cape Hillsborough, Cannonvale, and other localities.
Some of the highlights include street parades and floats in Mackay, a road trip along the Eungella Range, a visit to the Big Pineapple and plantation train at Sunshine Plantation in Woombye, swimming at the beach in Margate, external and internal footage of Toombul Shopping Centre, a visit to BTQ7 (Channel 7) studios at Mt Coot-tha to watch the filming of a Christmas show and picnicking and swimming at Springbrook.
More vintage Queensland home movies from our collection
- Life in front of the camera: the Bennett family films
- End of an era - film of Brisbane trams, 1969
- Brisbane Retrospect - film footage taken during the 1970s
- A visit to Australia's Great Barrier Reef home movie, ca.1948
- Footage of the Queen Mother at St John's Cathedral Brisbane, 1958
- The films of Frank W. Moorhouse
- The tragic death and funeral of Dr Arthur Vincent Meehan
- Paxton Communal Farm
- The home movies of Monsignor Bartolomew Frawley