If you are not already enjoying the Summer Reading Club take a look at the fun reading adventure available for your family this holidays. The Summer Reading Club is a free program delivered by State Library online and in Queensland public libraries and Indigenous Knowledge Centres encouraging children to keep reading through the summer!
Summer Reading Club is suitable for children of all ages and is now extended until Monday 7 February 2022. Staying home together has never been so engaging.
Join now to start reading challenges and earn fun rewards, including digital badges, post book reviews and artwork online to share with other Summer Reading Club members!
Visit the website to see what club members have posted already! Children will get some great ideas of books to read from the book reviews posted by other readers! For even more ideas, ask your friendly local library staff for their suggestions!
Discover 20 online challenges on the theme of Uncover and Discover including:
- read a book about codes and cyphers
- disguise yourself as one of your favourite book characters.
- share a book you read with an unexpected twist
Challenges are suitable for all ages and can be completed multiple times!
Who will be your family’s Summer Reading Champion this year?
- Adults can help children join the club. It's free and easy to register. Adults can create multiple child/reader profiles.
- Sign in as a child/reader.
- Once joined children can go to your profile and select an avatar. Complete challenges to unlock more!
- Start completing challenges to earn badges, XP and unlock new avatars.
- Don't forget to post your own photos and share the fun!
Your family can work together on the online activities so all children can take part in the challenges. It’s even more fun working together! Why not set aside time each day to complete a challenge, or encourage reading by working through the challenges yourself?
Become your child’s reading legend as you work alongside them. Little readers in your home may need help to complete the challenges and share them online!
Start the Summer Reading Club activities online now or visit your local Queensland public library or Indigenous Knowledge Centre to find out what they’ve got on this summer.