George Ryan #Q12547
Indigenous Australian Gunner George RYAN, Field Artillery & 4th Queensland Reinforcements, Egypt.
George was assigned to the Field Artillery Reinforcements, however he was discharged after being found guilty of overstaying home leave.
George Ryan re-enlisted in Charters Towers, in May 1918 and trained at Rifle Range Camp, Enoggera, but did not embark for service overseas owing to the cessation of the war.
Read more ...
- Service record: RYAN,George Q12547
- Service record: RYAN, George Q23574
- Image: The Queenslander Pictorial, 7 September 1918
- One of the soldiers featured in SLQ’s HistoryPin Collection
- View the whole Collection: Indigenous enlistment
- Queensland’s Indigenous Servicemen Digital Story and Oral History