BrisMakerFest: Inaugural Maker Event at The Edge
Join us on Saturday 3 June 2017, for the inaugural BrisMakerFest.
BrisMakerFest is an event designed to showcase advanced manufacturing and emerging technologies in Queensland; promote STEM skills and their fundamental importance to advanced manufacturing; encourage the sharing of ideas and techniques between industry and makers; and promote opportunities for attracting younger people into a manufacturing role.
The program includes international and local speakers; a range of exhibitors including makers and manufacturers; masterclasses; and, a schedule of workshops on wearable technology, 3D design and printing, furniture making, drawbot robot building, and, creativity and computer science.
- Saturday 3 June 2017
- 9.30am - 5pm
- The Edge, State Library of Queensland
- Half and full-day tickets: $5-10
- Find out more and book
- Official opening – The Hon. Dr Anthony Lynham MP, Minister for State Development and Minister for Natural Resources and Mines
- Marita Cheng, 2012 Young Australian of the Year and Executive Director of Robogals Global – ‘The amazing world of engineering’
- Dr Catherine Ball, 2015 Telstra Business Woman of the Year and co-founder of the start-up ‘She Flies’ which inspires gender equality in STEM careers – ‘Drones and STEM’
- Professor Göran Roos, academic, technologist, businessman and thinker – ‘The future of advanced manufacturing/business innovation’
- Kelley Roy, Founder and Owner, Art Design Portland (ADX) USA – ‘ADX Makerspace’
- Chris Bridges-Taylor, General Manager, B&R Enclosures – ‘Advanced manufacturing: a local business success story’
Workshops and activities
- 3D design and printing
- Wearable technology
- Fabrication of furniture
- A range of exhibitions including makers and manufacturers, and pop-up primary and high school makerspaces promoting STEM activities
- Roving robots
- Masterclasses held in the Conversation Café
Presented by Department of State Development, in partnership with State Library of Queensland.