Lynda.com is an elearning platform that includes over 5,500 courses and over 136,000 video tutorials. Topics include Windows 10, Office 365, Google Docs, photography, web development, marketing, IT, business management, and job seeking. Experts create and deliver all courses as well as provide supplemental materials like exercise files and relevant work samples.
State Library members have free access to Lynda.com, both onsite at the State Library or offsite from your home, office or mobile device.
Everyone who accesses Lynda.com must create a personal account (a profile) in Lynda.com. This lets you track your progress, create playlists, take tests, and earn certificates.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Free training courses may be accessed only by using the State Library’s Lynda.com login; not by directly visiting the Lynda.com homepage.
Please see Lynda.com FAQs for more information.
Here is how to access Lynda.com if you are:
1.offsite (not at the State Library of Queensland) and:
2.onsite at the State Library of Queensland and:
1. Login to Lynda.com via State Library’s Lynda.com login (https://wwwlyndacom.ezproxy.slq.qld.gov.au/Login - do not go directly to www.lynda.com)
2. Enter your State Library membership details when prompted (if you are not currently an State Library member, sign up online for immediate access to Lynda.com and many other resources)
3. Once authenticated as an State Library member, you will be redirected to Lynda.com. Click "create a profile ":
4. Create your new user profile and click "log in"
5. Select "State Library of Queensland " from the dropdown list of libraries and click "save"
6. You should now be able to view all the Lynda.com training materials.
You should now be able to view all the Lynda.com training materials.
The Lynda.com app can be downloaded to your Apple, Android and Windows 8 devices, as well as your desktop (Windows and OS X), Apple TV, and Roku channel.
If you have any problems, please check our Lynda.com FAQs for troubleshooting tips, or Ask Us for assistance.