Applications to the Queensland Memory Awards are assessed by panels of independent judges.
Judging panels are made up of members with subject matter expertise relevant to the fellowship they are judging. Panels are made up of members who offer a diversity of perspectives and experiences.
The names of the judges will be published at the conclusion of the judging process.
HOW ARE APPLICATIONS ASSESSED?
Check out the guidelines for the full details of the judging process. The process includes:
- application checked for completeness and eligibility by State Library of Queensland.
- eligible applications are then forwarded to an independent judging panel.
- judges read and assess the applications against the selection criteria.
- judges decide on a shortlist and one successful applicant for each category.
- judges may require an in-person interview with shortlisted applicants for more information.
- judges award the applicant with the highest merit against the selection criteria as the successful applicant. Panels must decide on one successful application only per category.
- The judges may, at their discretion, consult with other experts to assist in evaluating the merits of each application, including contacting the applicant's referees.
- The judges may, at their discretion, move an application to an additional or different category if they feel the application is more relevant or also relevant to that category.
- The outcomes of the judging process are final, and no discussion or correspondence will be entered into regarding decisions or the judging process.
- Judges may not award a category if there are not applications of suitable merit.
- Judges must disclose any actual, potential or perceived conflicts of interest as soon as they become aware of them. The State Library of Queensland records all conflicts of interest, perceived, potential and actual. The conflict of interest is managed by the State Library.
If you have any questions about the Queensland Memory Awards or the judging process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org