Please note, current roadworks may cause minor delays in travel times, and we suggest you plan ahead and leave a little extra time to get to State Library. Read more about changed access to State Library.
By public transport
State Library is a short walk from the Cultural Centre Busway Station in Melbourne Street (260 meters).
The South Brisbane Loop (Route 86), a new free bus service, travels in an anti-clockwise direction along Grey Street, Montague Road, Vulture Street and Tribune Street. The service operates every 10-15 minutes, 7 days a week between 10am and 11pm.
Visit the TransLink website for more on this service and other bus options including timetable information.
The closest train station is the South Brisbane Station, located at the corner of Melbourne and Grey Streets (500 meters).
The closest CityCat and City Ferry terminals are located at South Bank (800 meters) and North Quay (1 km).
Parking is available under State Library and the Queensland Art Gallery, accessible via Stanley Place.
- Flat fee of $17 per entry, per day. Payment to be made on entry by credit card only (Visa or MasterCard).
- Overnight vehicles will incur an additional $17 fee per day or part thereof. Vehicles exiting after hours will incur a fee of $40.
- Enter via Stanley Place (access via the Grey Street and Peel Street intersection or Montague Road).
- Open Monday to Friday 5.30am to midnight, Saturday and Sunday 7am to midnight.
- Closed Good Friday and Christmas Day.
Parking is also available at the Queensland Performing Arts Centre.
Taxi or rideshare
Drop-off points are located on Stanley Place outside State Library.
Bicycle racks are located near reception on level 1. Please ensure you bring your bike lock to safely secure your bicycle during your visit to State Library.