Australian libraries received over 110 million visits in 2011-12. We know people love libraries but what is it you love about your library?
Many of us have fond memories of libraries. For some it’s the refuge the school library provided at lunch time, then there are the memories of story time in the local public library or maybe it was the discovery of so many resources in the book stacks at the university library.
Libraries are changing and we need your help to define what the library of the future could be. Let’s kick off the conversation. We will be asking you to think about why libraries are important, will libraries be important in the future, what will a library look like and what will they do?
This conversation will take place online through mediums such as blog and Facebook posts, tweets, polls and images posted to Instagram.
To participate in the online discussion
- Add your comments to blog posts on SLQ today
- Engage in the Twitter conversation #ylibrary
- Like or comment the Facebook posts
- Show us the library of the future - enter competition
- Describe the library of the future – enter competition