Views of Maryborough, 1896
By JOL Admin | 8 November 2017
On March 7, 1896, the Maryborough Chronicle newspaper issued a supplement in the form of an illustrated poster.
The Maryborough Chronicle reported - "This issue contains an extra supplement in the form of a large coloured sheet, very creditably got up, containing views of Maryborough, together with all the principal public buildings, factories, and mills, and leading business premises. The sheet conveys an excellent idea of the size and importance of the town, and the fine character of its buildings and manufacturing industries and makes up a first class advertisement of the town. The production is very suitable for sending to distant friends, or business connections to convey to them a good impression of Maryborough and its contents. Messrs. Muir and Morcomb, of Brisbane, are the artists and printers, and have certainly turned out their work in excellent style. One error has crept in, the premises of F.G. Popp and Co. being described as Ellena street instead of Kent and Adelaide streets."
- Hockley & Co., Ironmongers, Maryborough
- Bartholomew & Co. Limited, Tailors and Direct Importers of Boys' and Men's Goods
- Brennan & Geraghty, Grocers, Manufacturers of Wines, Vinegar, Jams &c.
- The Central Queensland Meat Export Co. Ltd, Fitzroy Works, Lake's Creek, Rockhampton
- Wilson, Hart & Co. Limited, Timber Merchants
To view a high resolution version of this poster follow these steps -
- Go to - http://hdl.handle.net/10462/deriv/415059
- Click on the left JPG icon on the top left of your screen
Your email address will not be published.