Flashback - World Expo 88
World Expo 88 was held in Brisbane between April 30 and October 30, 1988. Over 15 million visitors experienced the fun of Expo, which included pavilions from international and local participants, laser displays, fireworks, parades, concerts, the Aquacade, water skiing show, a monorail and much more.
Take a trip down memory lane and browse State Library's wonderful collection of digitised photographs taken during this landmark event.
Further stories about World Expo 88 collections held by State Library of Queensland
- James Maccormick correspondence regarding the birth of World Expo 88
- More Expo 88 material from James Maccormick
- James Maccormick Expo 88 plans now digitised!
- Jon Barlow Hudson's Expo 88 Sculptures
- Remembering World Expo 88 and the Expo City Marching Band
Myles Sinnamon, Project Coordinator, State Library of Queensland