1. John Oxley Library - consists of unique Queensland resources including diaries, manuscripts, artworks, photographs, original maps and plans and oral histories (film and digital stories) that chronicle events, people, places and ideas that continue to shape Queensland. Visit the Reading Room to view these materials or use our online catalogue (One Search).
2. Queensland Business Leaders Hall of Fame - located within the John Oxley Library, this display recognises those who have made a significant contribution to Queensland through their business achievements. An initiative of the QUT Business School and SLQ.
3. Level 4 meeting rooms - there are four community meeting rooms overlooking the Brisbane River, available for free bookings with your library card.
4. White Gloves Room - a space for you to view and undertake specialised research on some of the wonderful treasures held in SLQ's Heritage Collections. To make an appointment, please call 3840 7880.
5. Australian Library of Art Showcase - supported by the Siganto Foundation, it features highlights from the Australian Library of Art (ALA). The ALA is comprised of four collections: the James Hardie Library of Australian Fine Arts, the Lindsay Collection of Pat Corrigan, the History and Art of the Book Collection and the Artists'Books Collection.
6. Philip Bacon Heritage Gallery - sponsored by nationally recognised commercial art dealer Philip Bacon, the exhibition space showcases the diversity and depth of SLQ's Heritage Collections through temporary exhibitions.
7. Heritage Collections Learning Room - a space for groups to explore SLQ's Heritage Collections in workshops, talks and meetings.
8. The Talbot Family Treasures Wall - a changing display showcasing a selection of SLQ's unique and rare items.
9. Black Opium - the special rooms are part of an artwork exploring history, memory and politics by Brisbane-based artist, Fiona Foley.
Information: Our team of librarians and friendly staff are here to help. Visit the Welcome Desk on level 1 and information desks on levels 1, 2, 3 and 4.
wi-fi: Available through SLQ during opening hours, and 24/7 in the Knowledge Walk.
Cloakroom: Drop off your large items at the Welcome Desk on level 1.
Feeling hungry? Visit The Library Cafe on level 1 for delicious meals, snacks, refreshments and great coffee.
Access: We are family friendly with space for prams, baby-changing and feeding. We have disability access, parking, facilities and adaptive technologies to access our collections.
Join the library: Become an SLQ member for immediate access to our collections and services. Visit our Membership section to sign up now or to find out more, or visit the Welcome Desk, level 1 or Information Desk, level 2 and 3.
Stay in touch: Subscribe to receive updates from us in the post or via email. Pick up a Stay in touch card from any Information desk or sign up online.
First aid: If you need help, visit an Information desk on levels 1, 3 and 4.
Discover an eclectic range of books, gifts, reproduction prints and more at the Library Shop.