1. Information collections - ask a library professional; find a quiet space for research; book a computer; print, copy or scan; browse collections including music, history, art, literature, sport, theatre and geography. View a film. Facilities for people with vision impairment.
2. The Red Box - This architectural centrepiece connects levels 2 and 3 and offers unique river and city views from a glassed-in deck. It is sometimes used for readings, performances and weddings and is a great space to study. Available for hire.
3. Music collection - browse and borrow from our sheet music and music scores collections. Book a music practice room.
4. Level 3 meeting rooms - there are five community meeting rooms overlooking the Brisbane River available for free bookings with your library card.
5. Tim Fairfax Reading Room - relax and read the latest regional, national and international newspapers or plug in your headphones and watch the world's major news services. You can also find newspapers online and on microfilm.
6. Family history - seek help from specialist staff to find resources to research your family history
7. SLQ Auditorium 1 - SLQ's largest meeting space and home to many free talks and events. It seats 264 people. (Entrance via Level 2)
Information: Our team of librarians and friendly staff are here to help. Visit the Welcome Desk on level 1 and information desks on levels 1, 2, 3 and 4.
wi-fi: Available through SLQ during opening hours, and 24/7 in the Knowledge Walk.
Cloakroom: Drop off your large items at the Welcome Desk on level 1.
Feeling hungry? Visit The Library Cafe on level 1 for delicious meals, snacks, refreshments and great coffee.
Access: We are family friendly with space for prams, baby-changing and feeding. We have disability access, parking, facilities and adaptive technologies to access our collections.
Join the library: Become an SLQ member for immediate access to our collections and services. Visit our Membership section to sign up now or to find out more, or visit the Welcome Desk, level 1 or Information Desk, level 2 and 3.
Stay in touch: Subscribe to receive updates from us in the post or via email. Pick up a Stay in touch card from any Information desk or sign up online.
First aid: If you need help, visit an Information desk on levels 1, 3 and 4.
Discover an eclectic range of books, gifts, reproduction prints and more at the Library Shop.