On Level 1 (street level), you can access SLQ's free wi-fi service, even if the Library is closed. There are spots to recharge your laptop or mobile device and there is 24 hour security to keep you safe.
Food and drinks are allowed everywhere on level 1.
1. kuril dhagun - this is the place for our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to meet, and for us to learn about unique Queensland Indigenous cultures, through exhibitions, events and digital programming. Enter through the Infozone or the Talking Circle.
2. The River Decks - enjoy a spectacular view of the Brisbane River from one of the best-kept secret spots in South bank. Bring your lunch, have a coffee or put your feet up with a good book.
3. Infozone - book a computer or use an express one; plug in your laptop; print, copy or scan; relax; meet your friends
4. The Parlour - play games, view exhibitions, read and relax
5. The Corner - SLQ's well-loved space for families and children. There are programmed activities from Monday to Friday for under 8s and their parents and carers. Enter through the Infozone.
6. The Library Cafe - Feeling hungry? Relax before or after research, events, ehibitions or whatever brings you to SLQ and the Cultural Precinct and share delicious meals, snacks, refreshments and great coffee.
7.The Library Shop- while away some time in this award winning specialist bookshop. Discover books and unique gifts for all ages. Specialising in all things Queensland
8. The Knowledge Walk - you can spend time in this covered, open air plaza any time of the day or night. Free wi-fi available.
9. Welcome Desk - the information desk and your entrance to levels 2, 3, 4 and 5. Find out about SLQ membership, use the cloak room to store your belongings and find out just about anything from our friendly team
10. Business Studio
11.Loris Williams meeting room
12. Level 1 meeting rooms and training room
13. Talking Circle - part of kuril dhagun
Information: Our team of librarians and friendly staff are here to help. Visit the Welcome Desk on level 1 and information desks on levels 1, 2, 3 and 4.
wi-fi: Available through SLQ during opening hours, and 24/7 in the Knowledge Walk.
Cloakroom: Drop off your large items at the Welcome Desk on level 1.
Feeling hungry? Visit The Library Cafe on level 1 for delicious meals, snacks, refreshments and great coffee.
Access: We are family friendly with space for prams, baby-changing and feeding. We have disability access, parking, facilities and adaptive technologies to access our collections.
Join the library: Become an SLQ member for immediate access to our collections and services. Visit our Membership section to sign up now or to find out more, or visit the Welcome Desk, level 1 or Information Desk, level 2 and 3.
Stay in touch: Subscribe to receive updates from us in the post or via email. Pick up a Stay in touch card from any Information desk or sign up online.
First aid: If you need help, visit an Information desk on levels 1, 3 and 4.
Discover an eclectic range of books, gifts, reproduction prints and more at the Library Shop.