- Win an Amazon Echo device
Win an Amazon Echo device
To celebrate the launch of our new First 5 Forever Alexa skill we are giving away five Amazon Echo devices.
This competition has now closed and the winners have been notified. Thank you to everyone who entered. We hope you will continue to enjoy checking in with us using Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant for tips, book recommendations, article previews and nursery rhymes.
We have 3 x Amazon Echo Show 5 devices and 2 x Amazon Echo Dot devices to give away. To be in the running to win, try the First 5 Forever Alexa skill using your existing Alexa-enabled device or Alexa app and tell us about your favourite tip, nursery rhyme or article in the comments on our Facebook page.
Give it a go now by saying: “Alexa, open First 5 Forever”.
The competition closes 12 noon, Wednesday 2 September. 5 x winners will be chosen to receive either one Echo Show 5 or one Echo Dot (prizes will be assigned randomly to winners). For more information, please see the full terms and conditions below.
About the new First 5 Forever voice assistant
Every parent or caregiver feels like they could use some assistance sometimes! Now, you can use Amazon Alexa to "ask First 5 Forever” for tips and ideas. Explore suggestions for fun, brain-boosting activities to share, book recommendations or favourite nursery rhymes.
Learn more about how it works or get started with your existing Alexa-enabled device or the Alexa app by saying "Alexa, open First 5 Forever".
Terms and conditions
The prize includes:
1 x Amazon Echo device. The winner will receive either an Amazon Echo Show 5 or an Amazon Echo Dot. Prizes will be assigned to winners at random.
Conditions of entry:
- The instructions on how to enter form part of the conditions of entry. By entering the competition, entrants agree to the conditions of entry.
- The Promoter is State Library of Queensland, Stanley Place, South Brisbane, Queensland 4101 ABN: 45 872 652 679.
- The Echo Show 5 and Echo Dot prizes are given away by State Library of Queensland. Amazon is not a sponsor of this promotion.
- If an entrant is under the age of 18 years, the entrant must have permission to enter the competition from a parent or legal guardian who is 18 years or over.
- Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, directors, management, related companies, and their agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, stepparent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- The competition closes at 12 noon on Wednesday 2 September 2020.
- One entry per person only will be accepted.
- The winners will be the first five valid entries chosen at random by a representative of State Library of Queensland from the pool of entrants.
- The winners will be notified via Facebook on the day of the draw and asked to DM or email State Library of Queensland's marketing team with their address so the prize can be posted to them.
- There will be only five winners in this competition.
- The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will receive either an Amazon Echo Show 5 or an Amazon Echo Dot. Prizes will be assigned at random.
- The prizes will be posted to winners.
- The prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- In the event that the winner cannot be contacted within 3 working days from initial contact, a replacement winner will be chosen by a representative of State Library and the original winner will forfeit any and all right to the prize.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will take no responsibility for the prize or entries being damaged, late, or lost.
- The competition will be governed by the laws of Queensland.