Next onNo scheduled events
This event is for
Got a great idea for a podcast but don’t know where to start? Come along to our podcasting series and learn the ins and outs of recording, editing, hosting and distribution. We’ll even throw in some software inductions!
This program is a series of 3 x four hour workshops including a software induction in Audacity audio recording and editing software. Each session will cover the below activities;
- Pre - Research, what makes a popular podcast, finding a story/topic and creating an engaging channel
- Production - Mics and sound, what gear do you need, understanding sound including capturing atmosphere, interviewing techniques. Includes SLQ audio equipment induction.
- Post - Production, editing and hosting (free distribution options and metrics)
- Participants must be over 16 years of age
- Enclosed footwear must be worn at all times
- Please become a State Library member before registering for a State Library, Edge account before you arrive. You will need an account to borrow from State Library, as well as complete the induction, assessment and make bookings for the equipment
Concession prices are for holders of; Student Card, Pension Card, Health Care Card. Please be aware that you will have to show your card when you turn up for the session, if card can not be produced you will have to pay the extra amount of the general admission costs.
Before you book, please read our FAQ. You’ll find answers to age restrictions, what to bring, what to do if you’re running late, refunds and more. For more detailed information, please refer to our Booking Terms and Conditions.
Please be advised that your financial institution may incur an additional processing fee. Cancellations will be accepted up to 7 days prior to event commencement. State Library films, records and photographs events for use in marketing and communications. If you do not wish to be filmed, recorded or photographed please advise our staff upon your arrival.