Next onNo scheduled events
This event is for
This workshop explores the basic layout and functions of Ableton Live, how to record audio and virtual MIDI instruments and how to save and export a song.
- Setting your audio and MIDI preferences
- Importing, editing and sequencing audio and MIDI
- Session and arrangement views
- Using Ableton Instruments such as the Drum Rack
This Ableton Live induction is not the equivalent of a Recording Studio induction. If you would like to use the Recording Studio during opening hours, you will need to complete a Recording Studio induction.
- Participants must be over 16 years of age
- Please become a State Library member before registering for a State Library, Edge account before you arrive. You will need an account to borrow from State Library, as well as complete the induction, assessment and make bookings for the equipment.
Concession prices are for holders of: Student Card, Pension Card, Health Care Card. Please be aware that you will have to show your card when you turn up for the session, if card can not be produced you will have to pay the extra amount of the general admission costs.
Before you book, please read our FAQ. You’ll find answers to age restrictions, what to bring, what to do if you’re running late, refunds and more. For more detailed information, please refer to our Booking Terms and Conditions.
Please be advised that your financial institution may incur an additional processing fee. Cancellations will be accepted up to 7 days prior to event commencement. State Library films, records and photographs events for use in marketing and communications. If you do not wish to be filmed, recorded or photographed please advise State Library staff upon your arrival.