Next onNo scheduled events
This event is for
Join Dr John Willsteed in conversation with Cut Copy: Brisbane music posters 1977-87 contributors for this online series.
On 26 November, hear from John as he interviews the exhibition's curators Robyn Hamilton and Reuben Hillier.
You can view the online event here and we encourage you to join the conversation online using #slqcutcopy and @slqld.
Upcoming Cut Copy online conversations
- 26 November 2020 — Dr John Willsteed with the curators
- 8 December 2020 — Dr John Willsteed with Peter Loveday
- 19 January 2021 — Dr John Willsteed with Gary Warner
- 16 February 2021 — Dr John Willsteed with Kitty van Vuuren
- 16 March 2021 — Dr John Willsteed with Andy Nehl
About Dr John Willsteed
John Willsteed is an Australian musician and sound designer. As a musician, he is best known as a member of Brisbane band The Go-Betweens, in which he played bass guitar 1987–1989. As a sound designer he won Australian Film Institute awards for his work on The Beat Manifesto (1996), Vietnam Nurses (2005, as composer) and Rare Chicken Rescue (2008). He is a lecturer in Music at QUT and was awarded the inaugural Letty Katts Award in 2016. John has provided curatorial advice for Cut Copy.
The online event is part of the programming for Cut Copy: Brisbane music posters 1977-87.