- Learn from an artist competition
Learn from an artist competition
Learn from an artist virtual workshop schools competition-terms and conditions
All schools who opt into the ‘Learn from an artist’ experience as part of the booking process for a schools ‘Meet the artist exhibition tour’ AND physically visit State Library of Queensland in Term 2 will be entered into a draw to win a half-day virtual workshop experience with prestigious First Nations artist, Vernon Ah Kee.
The prize includes
- 1 x half-day virtual workshop streamed into your classroom, delivered by prestigious First Nations artist, Vernon Ah Kee. State Library of Queensland’s Schools Engagement team will coordinate a date for delivery in Term 3 for workshop delivery with winning school.
- An opportunity to ‘ask the exhibition producer’ to learn more about the exhibition’s development and behind the scenes intel.
- 1 x copy of the exhibition publication – Meet the artists.
- The workshop value is $1000
Conditions of entry
- The booking form and instructions on how to enter form part of the conditions of entry. By opting into the draw competition, schools agree to the conditions of entry.
- The Promoter is State Library of Queensland, Stanley Place, South Brisbane, Queensland 4101 ABN: 45 872 652 679.
- Schools opting in, must have permission to enter the competition from Head of Department or member of School Administration team.
- Schools opting in, must have capacity to participate in half-day workshop, and ability to receive streamed workshop via Teams.
- Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, directors, management, related companies, and their agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, stepparent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- The competition closes at 5pm Friday 23 June 2023.
- One entry per school visit will be accepted.
- The winner will be the first valid entry chosen at random by a representative of State Library of Queensland from the pool of entrants.
- Five additional entries will be chosen at random by a representative of State Library of Queensland from the pool of entrants, as runners up, should the winning school not be able to participate, by order of random draw.
- The winning school will be notified by email and phone to confirm their ability to participate.
- The winning school, once contacted and participation confirmed, will be posted to State Library of Queensland’s social media platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize is not redeemable for cash, nor can the workshop experience be exchanged for something else.
- The 5 additional schools drawn, will receive a hardcopy of the exhibition publication guide.
- In the event that the winner cannot be contacted within 3 working days from initial contact, a replacement winner will be chosen by a representative of State Library and the original winner will forfeit any and all right to the prize.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will take no responsibility for the prize or entries being damaged, late, or lost.
- The competition will be governed by the laws of Queensland.
- The competition is only open to Queensland schools.