These how to guides can help you preserve and care for your collections at home or work.
Looking after your collections
These information guides offer advice on preserving and storing your precious items.
- General care of your collections - Overview
- Paper based collections
- Books and bound material
- Parchment documents
- Caring for your collections - photographs
- Digital prints
- Magnetic media (audio cassettes, VHS and magnetic tape)
- Motion picture film
- Preservation planning for large collections
- Children's artwork collections (children’s artwork on paper)
These guides outline steps to salvage water-damaged paper, book, photographic, and audiovisual collections.
These guides assist with planning for preservation before disaster strikes.