Celebrate outstanding writers from Queensland and around Australia and watch the announcement. Congratulations to all finalists and winners!
On this page:
- Queensland Premier's Award for a work of State Signiﬁcance
- Queensland Premier’s Young Publishers and Writers Award
- Queensland Writers Fellowships
- The University of Queensland Fiction Book Award
- The University of Queensland Non-Fiction Book Award
- Children's Book Award
- Griﬃth University Young Adult Book Award
- University of Southern Queensland Steele Rudd Award for a Short Story Collection
- Judith Wright Calanthe Award for a Poetry Collection
- David Unaipon Award for an Emerging Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Writer
- Glendower Award for an Emerging Queensland Writer
- The Courier-Mail People’s Choice Queensland Book of the Year Award
Queensland Writers Fellowships
The Healing Giggle of Wonder by Tabitha Bird
Split Level by Ella Jeffery
Preserving: Stories by Kali Napier
$15,000 each (three Fellowships) | Supported by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland and State Library of Queensland
Read the stories for yourself! Find them in The Library Shop.
The Glendower Award for an Emerging Queensland Writer is supported by Jenny Summerson through the Queensland Library Foundation.
Children's Book Award is supported by Susan Hocking and Ian Mackie, and their family, through The Hocking Mackie Trust at APS Foundation.
The Queensland Writers Fellowships are supported by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland and State Library of Queensland.
Help support writers
The Queensland Literary Awards are supported through the Queensland Library Foundation. You can be part of this celebration of literature and help nurture Australian writers at all stages of their careers.
Find the finalists in your library
Borrow the books from State Library or find them in your local public library.