- Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
The prize includes
1x book pack consisting of the following titles:
- Meet Me at Lennon’s by Melanie Myers (novel)
- Wounded Country by Quentin Beresford (non-fiction)
- Bindi by Kirli Saunders (children’s book)
- If You’re Happy by Fiona Robertson (short story collection)
- The House of Youssef by Yumna Kassab (short story collection)
The total prize value is $140.
Conditions of Entry
- The competition's instructions on how to enter form part of the conditions of entry. By entering the competition, entrants agree to the conditions of entry.
- The Promoter is State Library of Queensland, Stanley Place, South Brisbane, Queensland 4101 ABN: 45 872 652 679.
- If an entrant is under the age of 18 years, the entrant must have permission to enter the competition from a parent or legal guardian who is 18 years or over.
- Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, directors, management, related companies, and their agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, stepparent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- The competition closes at 5pm Tuesday 28 February 2023.
- One entry per person only will be accepted. An entry consists of the entrant liking the competition's online advertisement and following the Queensland Literary Awards Facebook page.
- The winner will be the first valid entry chosen at random by a representative of State Library of Queensland from the pool of entrants.
- The winners will be notified by Facebook direct message. It is the responsibility of the entrants to ensure their Facebook settings allow for direct messages from Queensland Literary Awards Facebook, so they can be notified if they win.
- There will be one book pack winner in this competition.
- The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes will be posted to the winner.
- The prizes are not redeemable for cash, nor can books be exchanged for different titles.
- In the event that the winner cannot be contacted within 3 working days from initial contact, a replacement winner will be chosen by a representative of State Library and the original winner will forfeit any and all rights to the prize.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will take no responsibility for the prize or entries being damaged, late, or lost.
- The competition will be governed by the laws of Queensland.