Queensland Parliament House - History in Pictures
On 14 July 1865, the foundation stone of Queensland's Parliament House was laid by the Queensland Governor, Sir George Bowen. A detailed description of the ceremony was published in the Brisbane Courier newspaper. Three years later, on 4 August 1868 the building was officially opened.
State Library of Queensland has an extensive collection of digitised images of Parliament House which can be viewed via our One Search catalogue. A sample of these images are below....
Myles Sinnamon - Project Coordinator, State Library of Queensland