Ghosts of Festivals Past
Emerging Writers’ Festival is right around the corner! Head straight to your screen from 16 – 23 June for a week of innovative performances, professional development, and digital programming for writers of all genres and forms. Be sure to block off Saturday 20 June for a day of industry insights and inspiration with the National Writers’ Conference.
While we can’t wait to delve into these digital events, EWF’s dazzling program launch had us reminiscing about our past (physical) festival connections. Reading and Writing enthusiasts Laura Elvery, Jasmin McGaughey, and Shastra Deo reflect on their favourite festival memories.
Have you planned your 2020 Emerging Writers' Festival itinerary? We’ve filled up our lunch breaks and weekends with our top program picks:
- ‘Space Mall: Choose Your Own Adventure’ with Travis De Vries, Holly Friedlander Liddicoat, and Lujayn Hourani. Tuesday 16 June
- ‘In Poetic Times’ with Omar Sakr. Saturday 20 June, 11:00am-12:00pm AEST
- ‘A Novel Idea’ with Carrie Tiffany. Saturday 20 June, 12:30 – 1:30pm AEST
- ‘Investigating Injustice’ with Amy McQuire. Saturday 20 June, 1:45 – 2:45pm AEST
- ‘Lunchtime Lit: The Cost of Writing’ with Leah Jing McIntosh and Mardi O’Connor; hosted by Subhadra Mistry. Monday 22 June, 12:30 – 1:15pm AEST
- ‘The Next Chapter: Writing Blak’ with Meleika Gesa-Fatafehi, Jasmin McGaughey, Lorna Munro, and Racheal Oak Butler; hosted by Evelyn Araluen. Tuesday 23 June, 12:30 – 1:30pm AEST