In line with the Queensland Government's new COVID-19 restrictions, State Library is closed. We are due to reopen on Wednesday 4 August, pending advice at the time.
All events scheduled between Saturday 31 July and Tuesday 3 August are cancelled. Thank you for your understanding. We will be in touch with everybody who has a booking.
The health and safety of our visitors is our top priority. Take care!
Conditions of entry
Please note the following conditions of entry before your visit to State Library:
1. You cannot enter State Library if in the previous 14 days you have:
- returned to Australia from overseas (other than a safe travel zone country)
- been in close contact with an active COVID-19 case
- been in a Queensland declared COVID-19 hotspot, place of concern or exposure venue, as defined by the Chief Health Officer
- had a fever, cough, sore throat, headache, distorted sense of taste, shortness of breath, chills, vomiting or any cold/flu like symptoms in the last 72 hours.
2. You must wear a mask unless you have a lawful reason not to.
3. You must check in using the Check In Qld app. Your details will be stored securely by the Queensland Government and only used for contact tracing.
4. You must keep a safe distance from others.
5. EFTPOS transactions are preferred.
The conditions may be subject to change.
We respect your privacy. Personal information we collect is used only for our internal activities and functions (Libraries Act 1988 (Qld)) and will not be disclosed unless required by law. For more information, please read State Library's privacy statement.
Checking in at State Library
You must check in using the Queensland Government’s Check In Qld app when visiting State Library. This includes visits to the Library Shop and The Library Cafe Pop Up. Your information will be stored securely by the Queensland Government and only used for contact tracing.
Before your visit:
Download the app and enter your details once to create your profile. You can also create additional profiles for family members.
When you arrive:
All you need to do is scan our QR code and tap ‘Check In’. Simple!
If you don’t have a smartphone or don’t want to install the app, you can check in using our onsite iPads instead.