The Indigenous Advisory Group (IAG) acts as an independent advisory group to the Library Board of Queensland to support the achievement of a guiding principle in the Libraries Act 1988 that respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures are affirmed.
The IAG provides advice to the Board on the development of library services for Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islander peoples, including the ongoing collection of material and information relating to Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islander peoples and ensuring that access to this material is undertaken in a culturally sensitive, inclusive and appropriate manner as outlined in the State Library of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Collections Commitments.
- Associate Professor Sandra Phillips, Member, Library Board of Queensland (Chair)
- Mr Michael Aird, Research Fellow School of Social Science, The University of Queensland
- Dr Anita Heiss, Professor of Communications, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies Unit, The University of Queensland
- Ms Henrietta Marrie AM
- Ms Rhianna Patrick, Presenter, ABC Radio
- Ms Patricia Thompson, Chief Executive Officer, Link-Up
- Ms Denise Andrews, Director, Culture, Community Safety and Capacity Policy, Department of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships (DATSIP)
- Ms Vicki McDonald, State Librarian and Chief Executive Officer, State Library of Queensland