State Library of Queensland's free wi-fi service, slqwireless, allows you to connect to the internet and to the State Library's catalogue and online databases using your own laptop or mobile device.
- no password
- no time limit
- and is available 24/7
How do I connect to slqwireless?
Most laptops and mobile devices are set up for wi-fi access, and your device should automatically detect slqwireless, SLQ's wi-fi network. Once the wi-fi networks are detected select slqwireless to connect.
How do I print using slqwireless?
You can print using SLQ's wi-fi printing from your laptop, tablet or mobile device.
Where can I get assistance with my slqwireless connection?
Refer to your user manual or contact your hardware or software provider. Library staff cannot provide support to configure your equipment for wi-fi access.
As a user of the SLQ free wi-fi service, you must abide by State Library's Public access computer facilities policy. In addition, the following terms and conditions are specific to wi-fi access:
- SLQ does not provide support to configure your equipment for wi-fi access. For further assistance refer to your user manual or contact your hardware or software provider.
- SLQ cannot be responsible for any changes that you make to your computer's settings to access SLQ wi-fi network and recommends that you make a note of any settings before you change them.
- The SLQ wi-fi network is not as secure as SLQ's wired network, i.e., the public access computers. Information sent to and from your laptop/notebook may be captured by someone else with a wi-fi device. Please keep this in mind when accessing personal or business information.
- SLQ does not accept responsibility for any loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, service interruptions, technical difficulties or transmission of viruses.
- Anti-virus software, security and privacy of information is the responsibility of the laptop/notebook owner.
Download PDF How to access wireless [PDF 106 kb]
Discover an eclectic range of books, gifts, reproduction prints and more at the Library Shop.