State Library of Queensland has a large microform (microfilm and microfiche) collection on Level 3. Titles are listed in the One Search catalogue.
Newspapers on microfilm include:
- The Courier Mail
- The Sunday Mail
- The Queenslander
- The Brisbane Telegraph
- The Darling Downs Gazette
- The Maryborough Chronicle & Fraser Coast Chronicle
- The Rockhampton Morning Bulletin
- The Cairns Post
- The Sydney Morning Herald
- The Age (Melbourne)
Family history resources (microform) include:
- Birth, death and marriage indexes
- Cemetery indexes
- Convict records
- Electoral rolls
- English church parish records
- Immigration records
Copying, saving and printing
- Printing in black and white from microfiche or microfilm costs $0.15 per A4 page or $0.30 per A3 page. A change machine and value adder machine are available in the Print Copy room on level 3 near the Micrographics reading room. More information on copying and printing.
- Images can also be saved to a USB memory stick or emailed via a web-based email account.
- Please ask for assistance before printing from microfilm or microfiche for the first time, as printing from these machines requires some instruction.
- All copying must observe the Copyright Act, 1968
Discover an eclectic range of books, gifts, reproduction prints and more at the Library Shop.