The Edge website is undergoing maintenance and is offline.
For updates and news, please visit https://www.facebook.com/theedgeqld
Many of the resources available at The Edge can be booked in advance online, including Window Bays, Macs and the Recording Studio. To book online, you'll first need to sign up for an account.
Make a booking
- Book a Mac
- Book a Window Bay
- Book the Recording Studio
- Book a Sewing Machine
- Book an Overlocker
- Book a 3D Printer
- Book a CNC Machine
- Book Soldering Iron
- Book the Laser Cutter
- My Bookings
- Sign up for an account
Edge courses, workshops and inductions
To book an Edge event, like Photoshop for Beginners, Designing for the Laser Cutter using Illustrator, or a 3D Printer Induction, head to The Edge Eventbrite page.
Stay up-to-date with what’s been happening and what’s coming up via The Edge social pages:
Fabrication Lab access
Access to The Edge’s Fabrication Lab is available on select days:
- Tuesday, 12pm to 8pm
- Wednesday, 12pm to 6pm
- Thursday, 12pm to 8pm (Hack the Evening, 6pm – 8pm)
- Saturday, 12pm to 6pm
The Edge opening hours
- Tuesday to Saturday, 12pm to 8pm
- Sunday, 12pm to 6pm
- Monday, closed
You can contact The Edge via phone, email or in person:
- +61 7 3842 9400
- The Edge, Entry via Level 1
The Edge aims to provide Queenslanders of all ages with the opportunity and inspiration to explore creativity across the arts, technology, science and enterprise.
The Edge is an initiative of State Library of Queensland, creatively engaging the next generation of library users and continuing State Library’s leadership in reimagining libraries for the 21st century.
The Edge offers:
- a year-round calendar of workshops, activities, events and exhibitions
- opportunities to develop your creative practice and projects
- free access to a broad range of hardware and software
- an online community to connect with people of similar interests
- physical spaces to meet with other and work on your own projects
- access to free wi-fi.
The Edge offers:
- opportunities for partnerships and collaborations around programming
- a range of venues for events and workshops
- program models on a fee-for-service basis.
Discover an eclectic range of books, gifts, reproduction prints and more at the Library Shop.