The Content Strategy provides a framework for State Library to define its collecting role and focus on the development of collections which tell the story of Queensland.
- Vision Statement
- Intentional collecting - content managed by State Library falls into four broad categories: Memory Collections, Information Collections, Public Library Collections and Extraordinary Collections.
- Selection criteria - State Library’s collections are assessed according to three broad criteria: content, usage and viability.
- Legislative and policy framework
- Memory collections - A wide range of content both contemporary and retrospective is collected chronicling events, people, places and ideas that continue to shape Queensland.
- Information Collection - The Information Collection is developed and maintained as a collection of resources to address the information needs of Queenslanders.
- Public Library collections - collections managed by State Library to enable public libraries to meet the diverse needs of their communities.
- Extraordinary collections - showcases material which interprets the physicality and format of the printed book.
Access our library catalogue One Search.
State Library of Queensland has provided information on copyright to help you better understand how you may use material that you find on our website or in our catalogues.
- Discovery Services Framework overview [PDF 199 kb]
- Lending Policy - Loans for Exhibition
- Lending Policy - Loans to libraries
- Lending Policy - Loans to clients
Discover an eclectic range of books, gifts, reproduction prints and more at the Library Shop.