Next onNo scheduled events
This event is for
Interested in starting your own Youtube channel or vlog? Come and learn the ins and outs of creating and hosting your own vodcast!
A step beyond podcasting, vodcasting, also called video podcasting or vlogging, is a video recording in the style of an interview or instructional format primarily available for streaming or download over the internet You can make a vodcast about pretty much anything – budding stand-up comedian, gear unboxing, personal stories, science experiments plus more, if you have an idea, we’ll help you to get it into production!
This program is a series of 3 x 4 hour workshops including a software induction in Adobe Premiere (and FOSS alternative Openshot). Each session will cover the below activities;
1. Pre - Research, what makes a popular video blog, finding a story/topic and creating an engaging channel
2. Production - Mics and cameras, what gear do you need, understanding video capture and interviewing techniques. Includes SLQ audio equipment induction.
3. Post - Production, editing and hosting (free distribution options and metrics)
- Participants must be over 16 years of age
- Enclosed, flat footwear must be worn at all times
- Please become a State Library member before registering for a State Library, Edge account before you arrive. You will need an account to borrow from State Library, as well as complete the induction, assessment and make bookings for the equipment
- Concession prices are for holders of: Student Card, Pension Card, Health Care Card. Please be aware that you will have to show your card when you turn up for the session, if card can not be produced you will have to pay the extra amount of the general admission costs.
Before you book, please read our FAQ. You’ll find answers to age restrictions, what to bring, what to do if you’re running late, refunds and more. For more detailed information, please refer to our Booking Terms and Conditions.
To find out more about what’s on offer at The Edge, read up on our Fabrication Lab and community makerspace.
Please be advised that your financial institution may incur an additional processing fee. Cancellations will be accepted up to 7 days prior to event commencement. State Library films, records and photographs events for use in marketing and communications. If you do not wish to be filmed, recorded or photographed please advise our staff upon your arrival.