Next onNo scheduled events
This event is for
Commemorate differently this Anzac Day and honour those who served by visiting Anzac Square Memorial Galleries online.
Anzac Square Memorial Galleries encourages Queenslanders to delve deeper into Queensland’s military history exploring online collections, written accounts and resources curated by State Library of Queensland,
Visit the Anzac Square website to discover ways in which you can commemorate differently, activities include:
- reading State Library curated eBooks, blogs and personal stories detailing Australia’s intriguing military history
- watching free films and documentaries that relate to Australia’s military history
- learning the history of the Anzac cookie then bake at home using an old and trusted recipe
- reciting The Ode and research its history via State Library’s One Search catalogue
- downloading and creating your own poppy and write a message to remember those who served
Another exciting way to commemorate differently this Anzac Day will be announced shortly.
Anzac Square Memorial Galleries provides public recognition for those who have served our nation and preserves their legacy by offering generations of Queenslanders a place to reflect on their commitment, bravery and sacrifice. Queenslanders are encouraged to share how they are commemorating differently this Anzac Day by tagging Anzac Square on social media and using the hashtag #AnzacSquare. Visit Anzac Square Memorial online and follow on social media, and gain a greater understanding of Australia’s military past.
On the day: Anzac Day, 25 April
At 5.30am the Australian War Memorial will broadcast an Anzac Day Ceremony to the nation. This event will be broadcast live across Australia by the ABC and streamed online.
From 6am on Anzac Day, RSL will be streaming a short commemorative service comprising of The Ode, The Last Post, a minute’s silence, Reveille and the National Anthem.