“Ask First 5 Forever”: hands-free tips and ideas for families
Designed especially with children 0-5 in mind, our voice-activated tips, songs and book recommendations are free and easy to access using Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant on your phone or smart speaker device.
You can receive weekly tips with quick, easy ideas to boost you child's early literacy development.
You can also listen to nursery rhymes sung by our "Errol the frog" character, and ask for your child's favourites over and over (and over!) again.
There are great children's book recommendations, and you can also preview the latest articles and have them emailed directly to your inbox.
How does it work?
You'll need to use specific voice commands with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant so they can find First 5 Forever for you.
To use it for the first time:
- Use a voice command to access First 5 Forever:
- For Alexa: "Alexa, open First 5 Forever"
- For Google: "Google, talk to First 5 Forever"
- If you’re using a phone, you can download the Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant app from the App Store or Google Play.
- You’ll be invited to provide your child’s name and date of birth if you want to personalise your tips.
- Next, ask for a tip, nursery rhyme or book recommendation.
Once you've done your initial set-up, you can check back weekly for your next tip, or ask for the content you want. For example, you'll be able to "ask First 5 Forever to play Twinkle Twinkle".
What information can I ask for?
Our voice-activated content includes tips tailored to your child’s age, including ideas to help you boost their brain development by talking, reading, singing and playing every day. You can even ask First 5 Forever to send you a new tip every week.
You can also play and sing along with your child to a range of nursery rhymes sung by our Errol the frog character.
We also have wonderful book recommendations so you can discover new stories to share with your child.
Try using these phrases to find the information you want:
- “Ask First 5 Forever for a tip”
- “Ask First 5 Forever for a nursery rhyme”
- “Ask First 5 Forever for a song”
- “Ask First 5 Forever for an activity”
- “Ask First 5 Forever for suggestions”
- “Ask First 5 Forever for book recommendations”
Help! It’s not working!
You can say "help" and your voice assistant will provide some tips about voice commands you can try.
If you’re having trouble using the First 5 Forever voice assistant, check our FAQs. If you are still having problems accessing our tips, activities and songs please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us know what you think
We are excited to bring you this new way to connect with First 5 Forever. We'd love to know what you think, as your experiences and suggestions can help us to improve this technology and its features. Please email us at email@example.com to share your feedback.