Navigating our Business History
This event is now in the past.
Queensland’s diverse business stories have played a significant role in defining our identity as Australians and as Queenslanders. Come and participate in a conversation about Queensland’s business history with renowned Australian journalist and broadcaster Geraldine Doogue.
Keynote speakers are Professor Geoffrey Bolton AO, distinguished Australian historian and author, and Dr David Allison, Associate Director for Curatorial Affairs at the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of American History. They will discuss why business history matters and the value of engaging with and interpreting business history.
Panellists from the business, community and academic sectors will also be there to share their experiences as history makers and documenters. Including:
- Ken Brooks, Manager, Brennan & Geragthy Store, Maryborough
- Louise Denoon, Executive Manager, Queensland Memory, State Library of Queensland
- Helen Gregory, Historian and Author
- Sarah Lethbridge, Senior Archivist, Noel Butlin Archive, Australian National University
- Ross Patane, Managing Prinicipal, Crowe Horwath
- Paul Syvret, Assistant Editor and Columnist, Courier Mail
A Queensland Business Leaders Hall of Fame initiative presented by SLQ, QUT Business School and the Queensland Library Foundation.
- Wed 19 Jun 2013, 9:00 am - 04:30 pm
- slq Auditorium 1, level 2
- Full day, incl. lunch: $120 / $90 (conc) | Half day: $60 / $45 (conc)
- More information:
07 3840 7768