Art of the Skins closing celebration
This event is now in the past.
As the Art of the Skins exhibition comes to a close, join us to celebrate with a range of activities throughout the afternoon. Bring the whole family along to participate in workshops, and enjoy performances and live music.
Full details and booking links are below. For more information on the workshops facilitators, artists and performers, visit slq.eventbrite.com.
Talking Circle, level 1 | For ages 10+ | $10 | Bookings required
The Art of the Skins inspired workshops will explore techniques behind the key topics and practices discussed during the A night by the fire: resurgence forum earlier this year, which explored local Indigenous cultural resurgence practices. Each facilitator is a leader in their field and will share their skills and knowledge with participants.
- 12noon–1pm Possum skin wristbands with Carol McGregor and Glennys Briggs
- 1pm–2pm Weaving with Aunty Donna Page
- 2pm–3pm Traditional rope making with Lyndon Davis
SLQ Gallery, level 2 | Free | Bookings required | Light refreshments provided
Enjoy the last days of the Art of the Skins exhibition while taking in a series of live performances, inspired by stories of those involved in the development process, and by the dynamic display in the Gallery
- 5.30pm Spoken poetry by Glennys Briggs
- 6pm Contemporary dance by Digi Youth Arts
- 6.30pm Live music by The Muirs
Visit slq.qld.gov.au/belonging to learn more about SLQ’s 2016 program of events exploring the sense of belonging in Queensland and the connections we have to our families, communities, special places, and other people in Queensland.
- Fri 18 Nov 2016, 12:00 pm - 07:00 pm
- Meet at Reception, level 1, State Library
- Prices vary, some free
- More information:
(07) 3842 9824