Designing the Queen's Baton - professional development
This event is now in the past.
Teachers, educators and designers are invited to explore different design thinking methodologies and the connections that can be made to the new Design General Senior Syllabus in this professional development day at State Library of Queensland.
Using the making of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Queen’s Baton as a case study, participants will learn how industrial designers, Designworks, applied their immersion, ideation and delivery design process.
The GC2018 Queen’s Baton recently received an Australian Good Design Award and is the focus of State Library's Bright Bold Boundless display, open in the Asia Pacific Design Library until 12 August 2018.
Hear from Alexander Wall and Rowan Lamont of Designworks who will present an in-depth session on the topic of designing the Queens’s Baton and design in practice. This session will also be available via livestream (tickets required).
Hands-on activities that will allow participants to employ skills that contribute to developing a designer’s mindset, including:
* Empathy building
* Sketching and prototyping
* Implementing the Design syllabus in 2019 (session led by QCAA)
* Tour of The Edge, State Library’s 21st Century Library (community makerspace + resource hub for all things art, science, technology and enterprise).
If your school has an ICSEA value of 1000 or less and you would like to access the livestream of the morning session for free, please email the APDL team for further details.
- Tue 31 Jul 2018, 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- SLQ Auditorium 2, level 2
- Full day workshop: Earlybird $220 | Full price $260 (incl. lunch & afternoon tea) Morning session: Livestream $100
- More information:
Asia Pacific Design Library
Mon to Fri 9:00am–5:00pm (07) 3842 9477