Brisbane Poetry Slam workshop
This event is now in the past.
Get slammin' at a full day, intensive performance poetry workshop.
Stock up your arsenal with freshly sharpened words, ready to compete at your local Australian Poetry Slam heat (the first Brisbane heat is on 5 July).
The workshop will help you develop your performance and stage technique, and provide you with hands-on experience in slamming.
Led by a team of Slam experts, Tessa Leon, David "Ghostboy" Stavanger, Nick Grivas and Scott Sneddon aka Darkwing Dubs, the workshop will cover:
- writing and editing poetry for stage
- the sound of slam - rhythm and rhyme
- using your voice and vocal techniques
- developing performance and stage techniques.
- Sat 30 Jun 2012, 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- The Edge
- More information:
07 3840 7768