This exhibition was on display in the Philip Bacon Heritage Gallery, level 4, State Library of Queensland between 14 February - 12 July 2009. The following is an excerpt from this exhibition.
Take a wider view of Queensland’s 150 year history in this exhibition of landscapes and townscapes captured in their full panoramic glory.
The John Oxley Library’s collection of panoramic photographs provides a timely view of how the landscape has changed during the past 150 years. See Brisbane as it was in 1862. Marvel at the romance and engineering of the first permanent Victoria Bridge, built in 1874. Chart the cultural development of Brisbane River’s South Bank through a series of panoramas. The exhibition also includes panoramic photographs from Cairns, Townsville, Mackay, Ayr, Caloundra and Coolangatta.
Exhibition themes and images
- A broad history of the panoramic tradition
- The State Library of Queensland collection
- Documenting the growth of Brisbane [10 High Resolution Images]
- Regional development around the State [15 High Resolution Images]
- A panorama tells a thousand words [5 High Resolution Images]
- Download the exhibition room brochure:
- Full room brochure [ (PDF 1.3 MB)]
- Room brochure Part 1 [ (PDF 349.2 KB)]
- Room brochure Part 2 [ (PDF 507.5 KB)]
- Room brochure Part 3 [ (PDF 246.1 KB)]
- Download the Teachers Notes [ (PDF 400.5 KB)]
Hear the digital story
For further information
- Phone: +61 7 3840 7768
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Celebrate the soundtrack of our state as SLQ sets the stage for the music of Queensland.
11 May - 15 Sep 2013.
19th century pastoral life on the Darling Downs comes alive in this intimate exhibition of treasures at SLQ
State Library of Queensland provides special library services for members who have an SLQ membership card (formerly known as an e-services card).