Study and music practice rooms
To cater for those wanting quiet study or meeting spaces, SLQ has a range of smaller meeting rooms within our library collection areas. These rooms range in capacity from four to fourteen people, and are available free of charge for up to three hours.
Please note that bookings for study rooms can only be processed during business hours Monday to Friday.
- Bookings made after 3:00pm on Fridays will not be processed for the weekend.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late for your room booking, the booking will be forfeited and the room made available for other users.
- Only one booking per day, per person, group or individual is permitted.
You must to sign up for an Edge Account
Music practice room
The music practice room at the South Bank building is available for you to rehearse music from the collection. The State Library's Responsible Conduct Policy [ PDF 459 kb] applies to client use of this space.
The music practice room is available for the State Library's members. Register for a membership card or visit the level 3 Information Desk.
There is no charge for the use of this room.
Bookings are for one hour per day and can be made up to one week in advance. To book, visit the level 3 Information Desk or phone 3842 9965.
Conditions of use
- use of the music practice room is limited to the person or people who made the booking
- when you arrive, please speak to the staff at the level 3 Information Desk who will provide you with access to the room
- your booking will be cancelled if you fail to arrive within the first ten minutes of your allocated time
- please leave the room promptly at the end of your booking or as directed by staff
Music services and collections
For more information about music collections and services at the State Library phone 3840 7810 or read more about the music collections.
View information about borrowing music from the SLQ music collection.