The current SLQ policy does not allow for a full rental waiver for events. SLQ offers a rental concession of up to 50% off the book rental rate for groups/events that meet specific SLQ criteria.
To receive the concession rate, applicants must meet all five of the following criteria for approval consideration:
- Demonstrate benefits to support the State Library of Queensland goals and Queensland Government priorities.
- Clear links with SLQ services, programs and activities.
- Services or benefits the SLQ community / client groups.
- Be a non-profit constituted organisation or local community organisation.
- Must offer free access or cost recovery charge only to attendees.
In return for receiving the community rate, SLQ may request the following:
- SLQ branding on client event material
- Acknowledgment of SLQ as a sponsor at the event.
- Complimentary tickets to the event
- Opportunity for SLQ to present at event
- Display of SLQ brochure/s at the event
- Invitations to the event for State Librarian / SLQ Board / SLQ Directors.
If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the Venue Hire Unit at SLQ.
t. 07 3840 7569 or 3840 7569
f. 07 3840 7933