Preservation and conservation
State Library’s operational plan includes a strategy to “Protect Queensland’s unique and original assets through preservation of our physical and digital collections”
The activity to achieve this outcome is to "Position State Library’s collection preservation standards, protocols and procedures to protect the state’s assets for future generations"
One of the features of this activity is State Library’s provision of support to preserve and care for the distributed Queensland Memory held in agencies, interest groups and peoples' documentary heritage treasures held in the office or home.
This includes outreach activities:
- The State Library Conservation Unit holds regular public workshops and talks at the South Bank building on the care of paper, book, film and photographic collections.
- We also provide conservation and preservation advice via email or telephone.
- If you require detailed advice, come along to one of our free bimonthly conservation clinics. See upcoming conservation clinics.
- Our conservation staff present workshops and talks for regional and local organisations. If you are interested, please send us a written enquiry. Each request is assessed on a case by case basis and is subject to organisational priorities.
If you have an enquiry, you can contact us in any of the following ways:
- Telephone +61 7 3840 7779
- Fax + 61 7 3842 9060
- Mail Conservation Unit Collection Preservation PO Box 3488 South Brisbane Queensland 4101
- Email email@example.com