The free wireless service, slqwireless, allows you to connect to the internet and to the State Library of Queensland's catalogues and online databases using your own laptop, notebook or mobile device.
All visitors who have their own laptop, notebook or mobile device can access the free wireless service.
You do not need to be a member of SLQ.
There are no time limits on using the wireless service and no login or password is required.
You can print using SLQ's wi-fi printing from your personal laptop, tablet or mobile device.
How do I connect to slqwireless?
Most laptops and mobile devices are set up for wireless access, and your device should automatically detect slqwireless, SLQ's wireless network. Once the wireless network is detected select slqwireless to connect to the wireless network.
Wireless access is available 24/7.
Where can I get assistance with my slqwireless connection?
Refer to your user manual or contact your hardware or software provider. Library staff cannot provide support to configure your equipment for wireless access.
As a user of the SLQ free wireless service, you must abide by the State Library's Internet public use policy. In addition the following terms and conditions are specific to wireless access:
- SLQ does not provide support to configure your equipment for wireless access. For further assistance refer to your user manual or contact your hardware or software provider.
- SLQ cannot be responsible for any changes that you make to your computer's settings to access slq wireless network and recommends that you make a note of any settings before you change them.
- The SLQ wireless network is not as secure as SLQ's wired network, ie, the public access computers. Information sent to and from your laptop/notebook may be captured by someone else with a wireless device. Please keep this in mind when accessing personal or business information.
- SLQ does not accept responsibility for any loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, service interruptions, technical difficulties or transmission of viruses.
- Anti-virus software, security and privacy of information is the responsibility of the laptop/notebook owner.
Download PDF How to access wireless [PDF 106 kb]
State Library of Queensland provides special library services for members who have an SLQ membership card (formerly known as an e-services card).
Discover an eclectic range of books, gifts, reproduction prints and more at the Library Shop.