Proof of identification
Anyone can join online.
- We require a valid Queensland residential address to meet the terms & conditions of our eresources licence agreements. Please ensure your address details are entered correctly when you complete the registration form as we will send you written confirmation in the mail.
- Your account may be deactivated without notice if an invalid (eg. non-residential) or incomplete address is provided.
To borrow you must be a Queensland resident, have SLQ membership and reside in Queensland for a minimum of 3 months.
To upgrade your membership to include borrowing privileges, visit us and present:
- Queensland drivers licence with current address OR
- Two (2) forms of identification, at least one of which must include your name and current Queensland residential address
Non-Queensland residents and Libraries can access our collections through the interlibrary loans service.
Members 15 years and younger
For members 15 years and younger, a parent/guardian declaration is also required before applicants may borrow or use our onsite computers.
- Download a copy of the parent/guardian consent form (PDF 65.5 KB).
For students 15 years and younger and accompanied by a teacher the following identification is required:
- Student card
- Signed parent/guardian consent form (PDF 65.5 KB) (Teacher signature not accepted)
For students 15 years and younger visiting State Library independently, the following identification is required:
- Student card
- Signed parent/guardian consent form (PDF 65.5 KB)
- Proof of ID with parental/guardian name and Queensland residential address.
Suggested forms of ID:
- Queensland drivers licence
- SLQ membership letter (letter received in mail from State Library upon registration)
- Student ID (Queensland)
- Electricity, gas or telephone account
- Australian Taxation Office assessment (last or current year)
- Australian Taxation Office tax file number confirmation (valid up to two years from date of issue)
- Contract of purchase, current lease or rental document, mortgage or land ownership certificate
- Queensland local government rates notice
- Queensland vehicle registration certificate
- Vehicle registration renewal notice for coming period
- Statement from an educational institution's administrator with name of student and residential address
- Bank statement
- Statutory declaration
Original or digital documents (on mobile device) are acceptable.