To borrow at State Library you must be a Queensland resident and have SLQ membership.
What can I borrow?
You may borrow a range of items from the Information Collection. This collection is located in the Level 2 and 3 Reading Rooms and in storage. Items that may be available to borrow include:
- government publications
- music scores, performing sets
- audio-visual items including cassettes, CDs, DVDs and videos
- serials and magazines
What is not available to borrow?
Items in the following collections are not available to borrow.
- all items in the John Oxley Library Reading Room
- John Oxley Library and Australian Library of Art collections
- LP records
- Electronic media including CD-ROMs and computer discs
- fragile items
- reference sources
- items on display in exhibitions
Items not available to borrow can be accessed at State Library.
In some instances when an item is not available to borrow, a copy may be requested (subject to copyright restrictions) via our Document Supply or Image Order services. More information about our services and fees can be found at Copies and loans.